Winter is here! Seasonal allergies and viral infections are right around the corner, and it can sometimes be difficult to tell the difference between respiratory viral infection and allergies. This is even more concerning in the current pandemic. Cough, cold and fever can be present in both allergies and viral infections. However, there are a few differences that can help to distinguish one from the other.
Allergies are responses of the immune system to things in the environment. Airborne allergies like rhinitis, conjunctivitis and asthma develop symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose, sore throat, cough, red, itchy, watery eyes, shortness of breath and wheezing. They are very common and present in upto 30% of the population.
Cold viruses and influenza circulate and produce similar symptoms as COVID-19. They cause a runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, aches, pains and cough. The flu virus, however, cause fevers as well as cough, sore throat, headaches, fatigue, and diarrhoea. As a result, patients exhibiting these symptoms need to be tested for influenza as well as COVID-19.
Difference between Allergies, Viral Infections and COVID-19
COVID-19 is a global crisis where a disease has progressed and forced countries to go into a lockdown. This has instilled panic and fear among people. As a result of this fear, people misunderstand certain illnesses to be symptoms of COVID-19. So, it better to understand the difference.
Tips to stay safe from all Viral Infections and Allergies.
For Viral Infections
- One must drink only clean water or boiled water and change their hand towels after a day’s use.
- After sneezing or coughing, one should cover their mouth and nose.
- Use mosquito repellents and nets.
- One should keep their clothes dry.
- Eat home-cooked food and drink warm water every two hours.
- Use hand sanitiser while travelling.
- Exercise daily and boost one’s immune system.
- Parents must keep their children away from people who are unwell. They need to ensure the proper washing of hands and legs and provide nutritious food with a balanced diet.
- Parents must take care of themselves so that they don’t transmit their infection to their children.
- Block yourself from contact with potential triggers. This can be done by covering your face when you’re outside and washing your hands when you come back inside.
- Clean your home to avoid any triggers.
- Use air purifiers as it makes the air in your home healthier year-round by removing dust, dirt, dander and other contaminants.
- If you are indoor allergy sufferer, choose easy-to-clean furnishings, flooring, curtains, and blinds.
How can viral infection and allergies hit you?
Runny nose, sore throat and fever can occur any time of the year. It usually occurs during changes in the seasons, but it is widespread in the winter and the rainy season. The virus spreads via tiny droplets in the air when a sick person coughs, sneezes or blows their nose. It can enter your body through your eyes, nose or mouth.
How can Ayurveda help you?
When you purchase an over-the-counter medication for your runny nose, sore throat, chills and cold; you are hit with side-effects such as drowsiness, headaches, lethargy, and sometimes addiction to the medicine. You become dependent on it. When you consume too much of it, your body stops reacting to the medication. Your defence mechanism is impaired because your system now learns to reject the drugs. Even after you take medicine, you are not sure about whether you could fall sick again immediately. Ayurveda acts as a natural cure that lasts the longest. It is the safest treatment and does not bring side effects such as drowsiness or addictive behaviour. Ayurveda also strengthens your defence systems naturally and prevents it from getting worse.
Given the current fears that are floating around, you need something natural and ayurvedic to make sure that you are on the right healthy path. The best solution is to speed up healing time and reduce recurrence rates with natural herbal remedies.
Maharishi Ayurveda recommends Ayur Defence-AV- Ayurvedic medicine for viral infection. The synergistic effect of the herbs in Ayur-defense AV helps the body strengthen its immunity. Herbs in this formulation also help if faced with usual flu-like symptoms, e.g. fever, runny nose, difficulty in breathing, and cough. Ayur Defence-AV helps to take care of your upper respiratory system and body’s digestive capabilities. The herbs possess the much-needed functional attributes that balance Dosha, Agni and Dhatu. It digests Ama and promotes Ojas to enable the energised body to guard itself against viruses and other external health threats.
Benefits of Ayur Defence-AV
- Reduces improperly-digested impurities (Ama) that can block microcirculatory channels.
- Helps decrease the microbial load.
- Helps balance excess mucus.
- Helps the body build its immunity
Today, Health is Wealth. The slightest flu-like symptoms can bring you sleepless nights. So, boost your immunity, fight viral infections and allergies with Ayur Defence-AV. It is not just a home remedy for seasonal flu, but beyond that.
Stay Safe. Stay Healthy.
Comments will be approved before showing up.